Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Room For Happiness



It's been a long time. Just been finding my way in the world the past couple months.  It's been an interesting road so far.  I find so many things in my life changed...and for the better.  I just find it hard to take a few minutes for myself to collect my thoughts...and even harder to get them written down.  Hence my lack of blogging.  I'll update though:

Back in April, I FINALLY managed to obtain full time employment and it's been a blessing in so many ways. It has allowed me to get some much needed time away from my apartment, make a decent income for having never worked in the field before, but, most importantly, has allowed my dear husband to get some much needed time for himself.  He's happier for it and it makes me so happy to finally see him happy and in his element.  He's training for a half Iron Man that is going down on his birthday.  He's beside himself with excitement...so much so, I can't go a day without him talking about it.  He's like a little kid.  It's cute.

So, needless to say, I am happy in many ways.  The only down side is the amount of time I spend traveling to and from work.  Granted, it is a sacrifice I have to make right now until we can move closer to work.  I honestly don't mind.  It's my music time, which we all know, I can NOT survive without.

We've both been in a great place mentally.  We've been employing a positive way of thinking and putting out happy/positive vibes into our atmosphere.  In turn, things have been peaceful, and I am simply content with everything.  We are beyond all the negative things that have gone down in the past and it feels good to finally feel some forward movement.

Aside from this, I am just seeking a balance to work life, and taking back my personal time.  It's hard to be motivated to spend what little free time I have on things like cleaning house and working out.  It's been almost 4 months and I have completely failed to stay on task as far as my workouts go and it's taking a toll.  All my hard work has been reversed and it's starting to get to me.  Gotta set fire to the motivation factor again.  No complaints...just gotta take charge again.

I wish this could be longer and I could write about all the crazy things going on in my head, but honestly, I have nothing.  For the first time in awhile, I don't really have anything to really complain about.  Just taking things day by day and living life.  It's amazing how much can change in the few months between blogs.  Hopefully next entry won't be so far away and I'll have exciting things to report.

I will leave you with the song that inspired the blog.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment